Summertime in Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus means more time outdoors and more wear and tear on your lawn and garden. Insects, weeds, pets, and company all add to your garden not being as good looking as it once was. Fear not! Zettler Hardware has the knowledge, products, and recommendations to get your grass from run-down to stunning in no time.
Lawn Care Year Round
While most of us only think of our Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus lawn and garden in once it gets warm, regular upkeep through the year helps keep your yard looking greener and your garden vibrant.
- In the fall, bushes and plants need to be pruned, sprinklers should be drained, and grass should be fertilized for the last time.
- Winter in Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus is simple, once it freezes, let your grass be. If you took care of it in the fall, it’s fine until spring!
- With the warming of spring comes the first mow of the year, beginning starter plants indoors, and the plans of yard improvements.
- Summer months in Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus means regular feedings, planting started flowers and vegetables, cutting your grass a little higher, (so it doesn’t brown as easily,) and seeding any areas that are thin.
Of course, maintaining your Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus lawn and garden means tools. And just like your lawn, tools need to be kept up too.
- Emptying the fuel out of your power tools at the end of summer will prevent the old gas from ruining the motor and will prevent costly repairs. (This goes for oil as well, replace old oil at the end of the summer season.)
- Gardening tools need management too. Keeping your pruning shears, shovels, and other gardening tools sharp and free of rust will prevent damage or rot to your plants.
Keeping Pests at Bay
Your garden gives the ideal scenic setting for get togethers throughout the summer months, until that first mosquito bite or accidental step on a prickly weed happens. Fear not, we’ll help you ward off the never-ending itch of biting bugs and the misery of not-so-nice plants.
- Spraying or spreading for weeds, crabgrass, and biting insects should be done at the beginning of the warmer months and depending on what kind of deterrent is used, every 2 to 6 weeks afterwards.
- To keep you and your pets safe when using insecticides or herbicides, always read the product labels
All of us usually likes summer and the heart it brings to our outside spaces. If you are searching for the best products to keep your Powell, Pickerington, and Columbus lawn and garden
green, happy, and worry-free, Zettler Hardware is the place to be.